This procedure has been widely used within physician offices and medical spas, where esthetic procedures are performed. It is the safe use of a sharp surgical blade to remove vellous hair from the top epidermal layer of the skin, increasing cellular turnover while smoothing and softening the surface of the skin.
· The history & purpose of dermaplaning
· How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
· Client selection
· Contraindications to treatment
· Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
· Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options.
· Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
*All participants will receive a supply list link to purchase handles, blades and sharps container.
Training includes manual, training materials, consent forms and professional certification.